[Freedombox-discuss] Announcing Monthly "Hack" calls

Starting this Saturday November 14th at 2 PM UTC , we are going to be
starting a second monthly call, which I am calling a "Hack" call.
(Someone please tell me if they have a better name.)

This is something new we are going to be trying. I have heard several
people say they really like the monthly progress calls. And I think they
are right that is has helped us keep on track and achieve some really
great progress over the last year.

The monthly hack calls are going to be an agenda-less meeting. The idea
is to set aside a designated time that people can get together to talk
to other developers about things they are working on. We are going to be
scheduling the hack calls for the 2nd Saturday of the month at 2 PM UTC.
Since we truly are a global community, we put it on a different day and
time from the progress call to try and make at least one call convenient
for everyone. The calls will be done via mumble on the Foundation Server
(fbx.freedomboxfoundation.org). No need to register, just pick a
username and login.

Appropriate topics:
* translators who want to talk about the best way to get their
translation files committed
* you need an explanation of how a emerging feature is going to work so
you can contribute (ask me about PGP based SSL client certs!)
* you are having a heck of a time with Foo and want to talk it through
* you are super excited about Bar and want to nerd out
* random side conversation about latest Dr. Who (I am looking at you Sunil)
* anything you want to talk about with another fbx-er

We will continue to have our monthly progress calls on the 4th Sunday of
the month at 6 PM UTC. This month's progress call will be Sunday
November 22nd at 6 PM UTC.

-Marc

--
Marc Jones