[Freedombox-discuss] New Hardware: PC Engines APU 1D

Hello,

Due to hardware provided to me by the FreedomBox Foundation (thanks
Marc!) I was able to test FreedomBox amd64 images on PC Engines APU 1D.
 I have documented it[1].  Although untested, the entire series of these
hardware devices should work just fine.

Although a bit pricer than others, this is probably the fastest single
board computer I have tested.  It has an AMD G series dual core APU, 3
Gigabit Ethernet controllers and the boot firmware is Coreboot.

The first network port, the left most one in the picture, is configured
by !FreedomBox to be an upstream Internet link and the remaining 2 ports
are configured for local computers to connect to.  This configuration
happens reliably thanks to systemd's predictable network device naming.

Links:

1) https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Hardware/APU

--
Sunil