[Freedombox-discuss] Wireless Mesh Netowrking

On 2015-10-08 at 15:57:33 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > This interface must be configured in a way that is compatible with the
> > rest of the network, and there must be a way for the user to reach the
> > available services.
> >
> > This may also happen in a way that doesn't require intervention from
> > the user if there is a server elsewhere on the mesh which provides
> > ipv6 autoconfiguration data and a DNS, but that one must be configured
> > by some human and probably requires administration.
>
> ...but if I understand you correctly, I would consider FreedomBox that
> node which provides the infrastructural part.

no, not really, AFAIK this part really requires an human administrator, since
it requires choosing network configuration values, setting up a local
authoritative DNS etc.

OTOH, it could be done by the FreedomBox belonging to one tech user
and be useful for all of the other FreedomBox users who can be reached
via the local mesh.

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''