[Freedombox-discuss] Apt mirror from Debian as a Tor hidden service
- Subject: [Freedombox-discuss] Apt mirror from Debian as a Tor hidden service
- From: email@example.com (Sunil Mohan)
- Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 23:01:42 +0530
- Message-id: <[🔎] 55E9D57E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 08/26/2015 03:51 PM, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Petter Reinholdtsen]
>> I send the blog author a proposal to create a new apt transport method
>> in /usr/lib/apt/methods/ to make it easier to ensure transport via Tor,
>> but I have not tested it myself.
> Today a new blog post showed up,
> <URL: http://richardhartmann.de/blog/posts/2015/08/25-Tor-enabled_Debian_mirror_part_2/ >
> and it explained that the transport idea already was implemented in
> <URL: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/apt-transport-tor > last year.
> I suspect apt via tor should be enabled by default on Freedombox.
James Valleroy implemented a patch for turning on APT via Tor when Tor
is installed. It is disabled when Tor is disabled. This patch got
merged into Plinth today.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature