[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox 0.5 Released!
I'm pleased to announce that FreedomBox version 0.5 has been released!
This release comes 7 months after the previous, 0.3 release.
The FreedomBox version 0.5 is available here:
Before using, you should verify the image's signature, see
https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Download for further instructions:
$ gpg --keyserver hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys
$ gpg --fingerprint 0x36C361440C9BC971
pub 4096R/0C9BC971 2011-11-12
Key fingerprint = BCBE BD57 A11F 70B2 3782
BC57 36C3 6144 0C9B C971
uid Sunil Mohan Adapa <sunil at medhas.org>
sub 4096R/4C1D4B57 2011-11-12
$ gpg --verify
(Replace the file names with the version you download.)
Thanks to all who helped put this release together.
More information on this release is available on the wiki:
Major FreedomBox 0.5 Changes:
- New targets: CubieTruck, i386, amd64
- New apps in Plinth: Transmission, Dynamic DNS, Mumble, ikiwiki,
Deluge, Roundcube, Privoxy
- NetworkManager handles network configuration and can be manipulated
- Software Upgrades (unattended-upgrades) module can upgrade the system,
and enable automatic upgrades.
- Plinth is now capable of installing ejabberd, jwchat, and privoxy, so
they are not included in image but can be installed when needed.
- User authentication through LDAP for SSH, XMPP (ejabberd), and ikiwiki.
- Unit test suite is automatically run on Plinth upstream. This helps us
catch at least some code errors before they are discovered by users!
- New, simpler look for Plinth.
- Performance improvements for Plinth.
Please feel free to join us to discuss this release on the mailing list,
IRC, or on the monthly progress calls:
- List: http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/freedombox-discuss/
- IRC: irc://irc.debian.org/freedombox
- Calls: https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/ProgressCalls
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature