[Freedombox-discuss] Getting started with fbx...

Hi,

I'm interested in getting started with fbx but I don't really know how.

I hope you can help me :)

But before I do ask for help with what hw to get and how to set it up I would like to explain what I'm hoping to accomplish by setting up a fbx - maybe there is a better fit for me out there atm (before 1.0 is out).

I want a small, silent server that I can use to:
- access my email on
- access files (and allow others to access some of them too)
- access a remoteStorage on
- deploy small rS-backed apps on
- easily route some traffic through Tor for anonymous blogging, etc
- help fbx become easier for beginners

Some things about me that may be relevant:
- I can follow instructions and know how to duck for things on the internet.
- I can't really code anything but simple stuff that I don't dare to get close to really important stuff.
- I'm slightly scared of bricking hw so I need hw that is hard to brick or at least easy to unbrick.
- I live in Sweden so prefer EU-based merchants wrt shipping.

OK, that's it, please go ahead and let me know if you think that fbx could work out for me.

Hopefully,
Tomas