[Freedombox-discuss] dns configuration

Hi All,

I have just realized why dnsmasq hasnt been handling my queries for
local names, and it's because tor was handling them.

I think that we should use dnsmasq as the primary service, and set the
upstream server as the tor dns service on an alternate port,
selectively use another dns service, or even do our own resolving.

One thing that does concern me is that is that we are routing dns
lookups through tor even if we aren't using the tor proxy.

This will imapact regular traffic as cdn results will be wrong, and
this isnt going to result in a good user experience for multimedia
content.

I know that firefox routes dns traffic through SOCKS, but I don't
believe that all browsers work this way (please correct me is i am
wrong).

Are there any other considerations to be had here?

--
Craig