[Freedombox-discuss] Pulled the trigger on a Raspberry Pi Freedombox

I've been greatly inspired by all of Petter Reinholdtsen's work on
documenting his journey of building a Freedombox on the Raspberry Pi. I
just pulled the trigger and bought all the stuff from Sparkfun that I'll
need to build a Raspberry Pi based Freedombox. I'm going to be documenting
my experience on this blog:

http://experimentsinfreedom.wordpress.com/

I would love any guidance in terms of avoiding potholes and/or following
deprecated documentation. So far I am planning to follow the guides on
Petter's blog:

http://people.skolelinux.org/pere/blog/Recipe_to_test_the_Freedombox_project_on_amd64_or_Raspberry_Pi.html

and

http://people.skolelinux.org/pere/blog/Teaching_vmdebootstrap_to_create_Raspberry_Pi_SD_card_images.html

I'm an experienced electrical engineer and I've used Linux a bit, but I'll
admit I'm a little intimidated. Let me know if there is any other
information that you think would help me get off and running.

Cheers!

Chris Troutner
http://sanjuansufficiency.com