[Freedombox-discuss] Test if your freedombox is working as it should (testsuite)

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 06:32:46AM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> I uploaded a new freedombox-setup with new tests yesterday, with the
> tor test and updated plinth test.  The plinth test fail because the
> certificate is self signed.  I changed it to skip the certificate
> check.

Just built a new freedombox for virtualbox and ran the tests again.

Everything reported success except:

error: ./dns-server.test: DNSSEC is not enabled
error: ./jwchat.test HTTP access to http://10.0.2.15 did not work

The first one was expected as the code is not there yet, per a previous
email to the list.

I noticed that the first time I ran the virtual machine it booted up to
the point of dealing with eth0, then it waited for a while (no new
messages appeared for a while) and then I started seeing shutdown
messages.  When that finished, it rebooted and then I got the login
prompt, which is all I've been getting.  I can login as root and fbx,
but I suspect this is not normal behavior.  How do I access plinth?
Maybe this is a consequence of dealing with virtualbox and only one
eth interface? I notice that the shell for the plinth login is
/bin/false, so can't get to it that way.  I suppose there's no user
documentation yet, right?

Removing the root (and fbx) login(s), as was talked about in another
thread would make the freedombox totally unreachable/unusable as I
see it right now in the virtualbox.

Sending it the virtualbox "ACPI shutdown" seems to have no effect, the
login screen remains.  Close -> power off the machine closes the window
but I don't see all the shutdown messages.  Subsequent starts first
display "MBR", then go through the usual boot messages and end up in the
login screen.

Is this what I should be seeing?

Augustine