[Freedombox-discuss] Getting pagekite into Debian?

I suspect we want to have pagekite as an option to make a freedombox
accessable on the Internet, and because of this have tracked the status
of getting packages for this into Debian.

There are two needed packages involved in the client part (perhaps also
the server part, no idea):

  RFP: pagekite -- Run public servers without reconfiguring firewalls or
       routers. Easy http, https and ssh tunnels to a public frontend.)

This in turn depend on this python library

  ITP: python-socksipychain -- socksipy with support for chaining
       proxies)

I've prepared a package for the latter one and placed it git as part of
the collab-maint repository, available from
If you know python packaging, please check it out and let me know if I
did any mistakes (I probably did, do not know much about python
packaging :).

I'm also working on a package for pagekite, but have not gotten so far
that it make sense to upload a git repo.

I would very much love to get co-maintainers with python knowledge or
interest in getting these packages ready for Debian.  Please help if you
can by fetching the source, checking it for bugs and add yourself as an
uploader. :)

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen