[Freedombox-discuss] Dev: Current Plinth Bugs

Hi Anders,

NB! Please don't cc me.

Quoting Anders Jackson (2013-11-25 12:48:22)
> Den 25 nov 2013 12:00 skrev "Jonas Smedegaard" <[1]dr at jones.dk>:
>>
>> Quoting Petter Reinholdtsen (2013-11-25 11:34:32)
>>> [Jonas Smedegaard]
>
> There are infrastructure in Debian for handling this for both MySQL,
> postgress and other databases. I don't remember the package name right
> now.

dbconfig-common

>>> I would love ot use either, but do you or anyone else have any idea
>>> how to convince owncloud to use it by default when installing it for
>>> the first time?
>
> The package doesn't use the infrastructure to create users and
> databases yet. They might want a patch for that.
> As it is now, you have to create user and database yourself.

I suggest to file a bug against the Debian package about that.

>> If Debian-packaged owncloud does not automatically use the backend
>> installed, and ask through debconf when multiple ones are installed,
>> I'd say that's a bug in the packaging - no matter upstream defaults.
>
> Look at the package in Debian's package database...
>
>> I don't know if that's the case, since I don't use PHP-based
>> applications.
>
> It isn't.

I suggest you to file a bug against the Debian package about that.

...If you use it and agree it a big, that is.

 - Jonas