[Freedombox-discuss] Testing on Dreamplug

[James Valleroy]
> One more issue I've found: the ethernet ports seem to be assigned to
> eth0 or eth1 randomly on reboot. This is a bit of an issue since eth0
> is assigned a static IP (192.168.1.1) in the /etc/network/interfaces.
> I think we can prevent the random assignment by setting up some udev
> rules:
> https://wiki.debian.org/udev

How strange.  I thought fixing interface name to MAC address was the
default these days.

Btw, would we be able to avoid the disk device naming issue if we
instead of using /dev/sdX names used file system UUID in fstab and the
boot prompt?

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen