[Freedombox-discuss] What would it take to port existing FB code to Rasberry Pi?

Chris Troutner <chris.troutner at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm just curious if anyone on this list has a clear view of what it
> would take - what obvious technological barriers exist between the two
> systems.

There are none.  It's inconvenient that Raspian is developed "out of
tree" from Debian proper, but that's not a technical barrier.

It's *really* annoying that the Pi needs binary blobs.  But as I stated
during the FreedomBox talk with Eben at FOSDEM earlier this year, and
again at Debconf in Vaumarcus, I think the Pi boards are too cheap and
too numerous to ignore.

I just obtained a replacement board (for the one that was lost in the
fire), and eventually I'll make time to do something with it...

Bdale