[Freedombox-discuss] What would it take to port existing FB code to Rasberry Pi?

I've been a member of this group since shortly after its inception, though
I've done very little participating. The last few months I've noticed a
huge drop in activity and I'm worried the beautiful idea that is the
FreedomBox may be dying.

While I originally applauded the idea of plug servers and Debian as the
hardware/OS choices, I worried (and still do) that the those technical
requirements create a barrier to widespread adoption.

Since the Raspberry Pi has become so popular and is still increasing in
popularity, I'm wondering what it would take to port much of the existing
functionality over to it? If a port exists, what are the current
limitations?

Don't mistake me. I'm not suggesting an overhaul or serious port at this
point. I'm just curious if anyone on this list has a clear view of what it
would take - what obvious technological barriers exist between the two
systems.

I've done a lot of work with Arduinos and I've been amazed at how easy the
work is due to the network effects of using a popular platform. There are
worse things this project could do than harness those effects with
Raspberry Pi.