[Freedombox-discuss] freedombox-privoxy 3.0.19-2-2 deb source not rebuildable

On 7 Oct 2013 10:58, "Petter Reinholdtsen" <pere at hungry.com> wrote:
> Is the complete silence on this issue an indicator that no-one is
> maintaining the freedombox-privoxy package any more?  If so, what should
> the project do about it?

Yes, I suspect this is
the case.

I have been looking at the rules for putting HTTPS Everywhere into privoxy,
and I have noticed that this approach (301 redirect from a proxy, rather
than a browser plugin) has some drawbacks:

1. It will probably cause the browser not to show the proper green padlock
on HTTPS pages using plain HTTP resources, because the initial request for
each resource was not secure, even if they were then rewritten to SSL.

2. 301 redirects do not work well with POST requests (but admittedly I have
not checked if freedombox-privoxy copes with these).

These are the sorts of questions that need answering if these https rules
are to go upstream, but the package as it stands is not in a fit state for
this to happen.

As for what we do about it, I am not sure.