[Freedombox-discuss] JURI wants citizens to regain control over their personal data and communication with Free and Open Source Software

Quoting JOSEFSSON Erik (2013-09-17 10:44:36)
> Just a short report from the European Parliament.
>
> The Legal Affairs Committee just voted unanimously to promote that
> citizens regain control over their personal data and communication
> with Free and Open Source Software:
>
>> Calls on the Commission to promote the development, jointly with
>> stakeholders, of decentralised Free and Open Source Software (FOSS)
>> based services which would help to harmonise practices across cloud
>> providers and enable European citizens to regain control over their
>> personal data and communication, for example by means of
>> point-to-point encryption.
>
> More info here:
> http://icg.greens-efa.eu/pipermail/hub/2013-September/000070.html

Great news!

Time will tell if just empty words, or those politicians actually
understand what it means and stand behind it in future legislation.

 - Jonas