[Freedombox-discuss] Are there regular developer meetings on IRC?

Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> writes:

> [Nick Daly]
>> Nope.  Good idea though.  What times work for you?  Sunday
>> afternoons are usually best for me.
>
> Most work days around 10:00 +0200 and almost all evenings after 20:00
> +0200 would work for me.  I notice you are on timezone -0500, which
> will make your and mine afternoons quite different.
>
>> 3. Make FM work on the Raspberry Pi.  This will take a month or so
>>    after it hits #1.
>
> Actually, it is trivial if we decide to go the route I suggest - stop
> copying source/* to the chroot, and instead create a deb with the
> files and scripts needed to set up a Debian box as a freedombox.
> Please let me know if you agree with this design choice or not.  If
> you do not, it will be very hard to share patches between us. :(

If you can lead it, please go for it.  I'll pull working code.  I
haven't done much as far as learning packaging goes because the
functional code hacking I already know how to do provides much more
immediate returns.

> I already got a Raspberry Pi running as a Freedombox using Raspian and
> installing the freedombox-setup package (and building
> freedombox-privoxy for the architecture).
>
> My plan is to continue polishing the deb based Freedombox setup to a
> point where installing Debian Wheezy using a preseed file on a normal
> laptop, or installing the freedom-setup package in Raspian, give me a
> working privoxy and plinth installation.

Excellent.  You just made my day.

> Next step for me will then be to add a plinth option to enable a ical
> calendar service.

Nice.

> It would be great if the jwchat option also would work out of the box,
> but it is not very high on my priority list.  Just mentioning jwchat
> because it is already installed by default, and not working as far as
> I can tell.

Yes, that's what I've found as well.  It's there, it's not quite
working, but it's never bubbled up.

Nick