[Freedombox-discuss] Community (London)

Mark Richards writes:

> I'm interested in helping out from sunny London and if it doesn't already
> exist, it would be great if there are enough of us interested in setting up
> a developer and user group for freedombox and/or related software.
> Anyone else in London interested? Is this happening in other cities?

Hi Mark, there's nothing directly FreedomBox related in any city that I
know of, but there are two things that might be useful: most cities have
fairly active LUGs (Linux Users Groups).  More relevantly, though, there
is the monthly Techno Activism Third Mondays (TA3M) meeting which tries
to bring together both technologists and activists to discuss
censorship, circumvention tools, and other similar social issues.  I
don't know of a meeting in London, but you should get in touch with
Sandy if you're interested in starting one:

http://wiki.openitp.org/events:techno-activism_3rd_mondays