[Freedombox-discuss] Is there a list of executables that are on the DP, part of what's shipped?

> I see the FreedomBox project as a subset of Debian, concerned about
> developing a so-called "Debian Pure Blend".  That "development" involves
> design discussions, practical things like how Debian works (for those
> new to Debian).  But IMO it does not involve in-depth training of e.g.
> doing Debian packaging, nor learning how to use a Debian system, not
> exploring various other usecases for DreamPlug hardware other than our
> specific one.

Is there any spec/plan that formalizes the UI?

Right now it seems to be mostly based on contributions by Jonas and
Nick. And the random wishlist of kitchen sink ideas in the wiki :-) In
addition to the annual DebConf video, I really wish the FBF would show
up here every few months, with a bit more steerage for this project. :-)

> It seemed to me that your question was pretty much tied to learning how
> to use commandline tools in Debian.  Which I find much better to do at a
> users' mailinglist.
>
> But perhaps I simply misunderstood your question somehow?

I think the OP might have some basic Linux dev skills to learn, and to
separate from the FreedomBox list to Debian- or GNU-centric lists/IRC/etc.

But that point aside, and given the Subject line's question, I think the
OP was asking for the manifest of official binaries included in the
FreedomBox.

Perhaps the answer is, as you say, there is no command line. Pointing
Jack to the FreedomBox's UI is also useful, in addition to pointing to
generic manpage usage for dev tools that won't be in the user's FreedomBox.

At least that's how I'm misunderstanding this thread. :-)