[Freedombox-discuss] Handling Projects Across Multiple Hosting Services

Quoting Nick M. Daly (2013-03-03 04:19:47)
> Hi folks, what're your thoughts on managing issues and wikis across
> repositories, between source hosting services?
>
> For example, to encourage commits and to be system independent,
> FreedomBuddy is hosted on both Github [0] and Gitorious [1].  These
> two systems don't share wikis, much less issue trackers.  That's
> problematic and hardly "distributed" at all.

I'd say use Debian wiki and Debian Alioth for FreedomBox development,
and leave it to each upstream project to pick whatever they see fit: The
more that can have a life untied from FreedomBox the better!

For upstream projects that seek to avoid a central point of failure I
recommend Ikiwiki as wiki with git as storage, and SD (Small Defects)
for issue tracking.  Both are packaged for Debian.

I am not familiar with fossil but it seems from a quick glance to be
possible to host locally but not (easily?) to distribute to avoid your
local host to become a single point of failure.

 - Jonas