[Freedombox-discuss] copy-right/-left of visual logo & identity unclear

Quoting Robert Martinez (2012-12-07 15:10:25)
> I hereby propose to dual license it under:
>
> GPL3+ (to ensure it can be released with the rest of software)
> CC-BY-SA (to ensure it can be used on websites, mugs & t-shirts)
>
> If the project lead agrees it is decided.

I guess by "project lead" you refer to the FreedomBox Foundation (not
Debian).  I do not speak on their behalf, but...

At http://mray.de/fbxfoundation_robert/LICENSE.txt it seems the design
is already licensed as AGPL-3+, and that FreedomBox Foundation (not you)
hold copyright for it.

If you have handed over copyright of your design, then it probably makes
sense that you clarify if your suggestion to them is to _replace_ the
current AGPL-3+ license or to _extend_ it with CC-BY-SA (the third
possibility of extending with both renders AGPL useless).

If instead you still hold copyright for the logo design (i.e. if that
other license statement is bogus or covers only other parts of the web
design you and Sean did), then you need not ask anyone: Just tell us how
you as copyright holder wish to license your work.

Hope that helps,

 - Jonas