[Freedombox-discuss] corrupt FS inside image ? - Was: Re: FreedomBox Unstable Image 2012.1021 Available

Markus Sabadello writes:

> My Dreamplug S/N is DS2-1221-xxxxxx, and my original U-Boot version
> was U-Boot 2011.06 (Oct 15 2011 - 02:02:08).
> My current version is U-Boot 2012.04.01 (Jun 01 2012 - 02:17:08).
>
> I just added the above information to the wiki:
> http://wiki.debian.org/DreamPlugTesting

Thank you!  We should probably move that to
wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/DreamPlug/Testing at some point.

> I've been having problems with the weekly image lately.

Join the club.  It hasn't worked on the DreamPlug since we switched to
the new ...-4 kernel, and I haven't yet had a chance to investigate the
issue.  I won't have a lot of time before the end of the year, sadly.

> freedom-maker mostly works for me, with a few problems however.
> When I boot from USB stick, my stick is /dev/sda and my card is /dev/sdb.
> But freedom-maker I think assumes that the stick is /dev/sdc and the card
> is /dev/sda.
> So I always have to manually update /etc/fstab and /sbin/copy2dream.

Try building with:

: make DESTINATION=card plugserver-image

> Another thing I always have to do manually is add the hwaddress settings to
> my /etc/network/interfaces.

Good point, that is a problem.  I don't know how we handle that without
giving everyone the same MAC address, though.

> BTW my Guruplugs still work fine with with freedom-maker.

:)