[Freedombox-discuss] copy-right/-left of visual logo & identity unclear

Robert Martinez <mail at mray.de> writes:

> I designed the logo for the freedombox foundation.
>
> I'm not entirely sure about how the foundation decided to treat that
> copyright issue.

Robert, did you create the box-hopping-gnu or the box-butterfly?  This
can't be legal advice (I'm no lawyer), but: as creator, you'd (probably)
hold copyright under US law, unless it's a work for hire, which could be
inferred from your first sentence.

> So I wouldn't treat it as public domain, creative commons or copyleft
> for now.

If you hold the copyright on the images, have you considered making your
work available under a (free-culture-approved) CC license or the GPL?
That'd clarify and prevent these sorts of questions in the future.

Nick