[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox Unstable Image 2012.0909 Available
Hi folks, welcome to the twelfth weekly FreedomBox test image and
The image is available at:
Today's image was produced with:
$ make weekly-image
These images include several FreedomBox-related projects. The changes
are changes made by project contributors in the last week that have made
it into the test image. The outstanding TODOs are the changes needed
before the beta-release is complete. If you'd like to contribute in any
way, fork and send me a pull request.
- The DreamPlug won't boot the image in either the microSD or USB
format. The VirtualBox image boots fine. We suspect that it's due
to a firmware/kernel incompatibility. Try flashing your firmware by
following the "Updating DreamPlug's U-Boot" instructions from:
I haven't yet had a chance to verify this, though, so please give it
a test if you're able. I'll try to do that later this week.
- The image now includes Project-Publish, which lets you keep a
project's issues and its wiki in the source repository. You can see
it in action at:
- There were a lot of other semi-related changes this week. If you'd
like to read all of them, check out: betweennowhere.net/blog
* Outstanding TODOs
** Freedom Maker: https://github.com/nickdaly/freedom-maker
The FBX image build tool.
- The setup process generates GPG keys for user.
- Setup generates GPG and SSL keys for the box itself.
** Plinth: https://github.com/nickdaly/plinth
The UI layer.
- Turn DHCP (for clients) on/off through Plinth
- Select DHCP or Static IP in Plinth
- Integrate basic OpenVPN settings into Plinth
- Integrate Dnsmasq into Plinth
- Integrate FreedomBuddy into Plinth.
- Hook FreedomBuddy into SSH.
- Add more OpenVPN FreedomBuddy setup instructions.
** FreedomBox Privoxy: https://github.com/jvasile/freedombox-privoxy
A privacy-focused web-proxy.
- Privoxy should use the released HTTPS Everywhere regexp ruleset.
- Add enabling and disabling Privoxy to the Plinth UI.
** FreedomBuddy: https://gitorious.org/freedombuddy/freedombuddy
A resilient communication tool.
- Build an SSH-VPN connector.
- Fix Outstanding FIXMEs
** Project Publish: https://gitorious.org/project-publish/project-publish
An easy-to-use publishing tool.
** PlugServer Setup: https://bitbucket.org/nickdaly/plugserver
A configuration tool.
** With SQLite: https://github.com/jvasile/withsqlite
A database-management Python package.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 835 bytes
Desc: not available