[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox/Unhosted/PageKite for Access Innovation Prize 2012

On 30 June 2012 14:07, Markus Sabadello <markus.sabadello at gmail.com> wrote:

> To be honest, I have never built a Debian package nor am I deeply familiar
> with the process.
>
> But all the pieces we're considering have Debian packages, i.e. PageKite,
> OLSRd, and for Unhosted there is OwnCloud, which has been considered a
> number of times on this list already.
>
> There really isn't much new about the proposal, just to help assemble a
> few things to the point where they can be demo'd at events and understood
> by end-users.
> It would help show the public that FreedomBox is real..

Thanks for the response.  A couple of questions about the proposal:

Is the idea here to save your own data (ie remote storage) on your freedom
box?

Would a minimal viable product, to demo FreedomBox, need to contain some
kind of social network?