[Freedombox-discuss] Encrypted out of band packets attached

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 5:25 PM,  <freebirds at hushmail.com> wrote:
> Rick Graham, since you requested code, attached are four encrypted
> packets that were sent out of band from one of my netbooks to my
> abuser's hackers...
>
> My abuser's hackers infected my BIOS and graphic card with firmware
> rootkits. Yet, because they had complete remote control of my
> netbook and were performing things that AMT and DASH could do (Wake
> on WirelessLan, remotely turning off my netbook, tampering with
> BIOS and OS, etc., I think they also accessed Intel AMT.

I'm sorry you had to go through that, but the lesson here seems to be
to avoid rootkits, not to avoid unavoidable hardware.  Once you're
rooted, there's not a lot anything can do to help you, outside of a
complete wipe and, in your case, BIOS reflash.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rootkit