[Freedombox-discuss] Two days left on your PageKite account ??

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 8:49 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor
<dkg at fifthhorseman.net> wrote:
> On 06/24/2012 03:08 PM, Marc wrote:
>> Thats not right and i am very upset, because i am using your service
>> for my icecast radio sometimes and people know the ADRESS !! , the
>> adress is my point because i am using this name for long !
>
> fwiw, i think bjarni's policies are pretty reasonable here. ?user-funded
> services are better than advertising-and-surveillance-funded services.
>
> That said, i'd like to point out that your concerns about provider
> control of your persistent address are *exactly* why we need a common
> naming scheme that doesn't encourage this kind of hierarchy.

Absolutely.

That's why I encourage serious users to use their own domains and
CNAMEs with the service, instead of mine - and as a secondary
(inferior) option the dynamic DNS component of our service will let
people direct their names anywhere - not just our IPs.

 :-)

--
Bjarni R. Einarsson
Founder, lead developer of PageKite.