[Freedombox-discuss] D2 Plug operating temperatures

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 09:11:09 -0700, Jack Wilborn <jkwilborn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Examining the D2 Plug at the site doesn't seem to publish anything
> about it's temperature limits...  Does anyone who has this device
> noticed if there are limits to the operational temperature?

Sorry, Jack, can't help here.  In Wisconsin, it works well in an
air-conditioned house.  So, I'll give it a maximum operating temperature
of at least 68 F.

:)

Presumably, the original DreamPlug should run cooler than the D2 plug
and while even the original plug runs warm to the touch in my house,
when run continuously, I can't get a very accurate read on the CPU
because I don't actually have a /proc/acpi/ directory.  I'll open it up
to test it with a meat thermometer in a few days, if I can't figure out
anything before then.  Should give an accurate reading, within 3 - 5
degrees (they're fairly easy to calibrate, with boiling water).

Nick