[Freedombox-discuss] updates to plinth

On Mon, 2012-03-12 at 18:47 +0100, Mathieu Jourdan wrote:

> - my girlfriend took briefly a look on it, she said those colours were
> for males.

I'm no authority on this list, but I'd appreciate it if the freedombox
initiative would use actual research for things like choosing
gender-neutral design elements whenever possible. Most actual, empirical
research on gender differences runs against gender stereotypes and finds
mostly similarity, not differences, between genders. Further, the
gendered context of design elements will change drastically between
cultures. As such, our intuitive judgments as individuals will not be
the best indicator of the actual gender-neutrality of design elements.

I can devote some of my copious free time to doing some of the
scholarship necessary for this (and I can act as a proxy to retrieve
paywalled papers for anyone who asks). I will need guidance and specific
questions, rather than general ones.