[Freedombox-discuss] Condemos: FBx UI & Potential Distro

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Sean O'Brien <me at seandiggity.com> wrote:

    Hi all,

( . . . )

    As far as a straight-up SVG UI is concerned, I think SVG is actually an
    unwise choice to use as the only Web technology for our interface.  Too
    few people know enough about SVG to modify/make their own
    templates/themes or (to use a dangerous word) "apps".  On top of that,
    the design tools for SVG are targeted at vector artists, not someone
    coming up with a UI.  IMO, this thing should be hackable by most Web
    developers (I'm biased of course because I am one).

You have nailed many of my reasons for creating an interface in SVG.
To work towards removing the hurdles you list.  They are real and a
showstopper for what could be a lot of cool SVG.

SVG interfaces are what I do in the daytime.

If you carry on with HTML5 perhaps I can use that as a model for an
alternative SVG solution.

I have implemented what I think are some cool widget frameworks, I
hope to come up with something that is hackable by most web
developers.  :)

--
?God said it.  I believe it.  That Settles It."