[Freedombox-discuss] Introducing myself and ideas for Plinth

Hello,

I'm new to this list, the freedombox, and collaborating on free software
projects outside of my university (UConn).  I've been installing and
tweaking Debian on my own for about a decade, and my professional
background is as a web developer.  I'm no stranger to free software, the
political and legal concepts behind it, and the perils of social
networking.  However, I will have some n00b questions as to the best way
to collaborate on Plinth, which is the area I think I can be most useful.

I've cloned the git repo for Plinth and taken a good look at it.  What
I'd like to do next is modify the templating system with the HTML5 code
from http://html5reset.org  It's just a blank starting point for any
HTML5 template, and it comes with a lot of features that are either
becoming de facto standards or allow for better mobile/cross-platform
compatibility.  Most importantly, it's simpler and more compact than the
other major alternative (http://html5boilerplate.com).

Should I just open an account on github and get started?  Or should I
make my changes, get them to a mature point, and commit them to the main
Plinth repo?  Or, would it be wiser to just start another branch for the
HTML5 template(s)?  Adding HTML5 Reset shouldn't take long, but fleshing
out a solid, shiny template will take a couple of weeks I would think.

Look forward to working with you all,
~ Diggity