[Freedombox-discuss] Some advice on moving Plinth forward?

So, let's move towards some user stories.

I'm a coder but not so hot at routing etc, so I'm going to act like a dumb
designer who is ignorant of technical limitations ;) Here are a few of my
ideal stories, and some technical questions:

Alice is concerned about privacy. She wants to buy a device that will
automatically manage this for her. She buys a Freedombox, and following the
instruction sticker on the plug, she plugs an ethernet cable from her modem
to the freedombox, which then acts as a router using sensible default
settings. (is this the correct process?)

Bob is like Alice, but has a USB-only ADSL modem his ISP gave him. How is
Linux USB modem driver coverage looking these days?

Carol wants fine-grained control of her privacy. Following instructions on
the sticker, she types "freedombox" into the address bar of her browser
( do we have control of DNS at this point?) This takes her to a top-level
page. She clicks the "Privacy" button and is presented with a simple
interface for controlling privoxy etc. An "Advanced" button allows her to
access more complicated features when needed.

David wants to log in to websites using his OpenId. When he visits
websites, "freedombox" is an option alongside Facebook and Google. He
clicks the "Log in with Freedombox" link, and is asked for his password in
an iFrame supplied by his own Freedombox (can we make this work when he is
not on his own network?).