[Freedombox-discuss] Freedombox-discuss Digest, Vol 19, Issue 7

Jonas,

I just wanted to say that getting accepted as a debian package is not easy.

Debian is/was the primary development platform for Retroshare.
We have a debian build system, and try to release debian packages.

We've been trying to get Retroshare accepted since 2007, and we just got ignored.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-wnpp/2008/03/msg00964.html

Don't get me wrong, I've got a huge amount of respect for debian and the team...
I just reckon there are far too many potential packages vying for too few maintainers eyes.
(No, I don't have the energy or time to become a Debian maintainer myself)

At this point, we've given up on it ever happening, and just use launchpad to build Ubuntu packages.
So Retroshare is easy to install on Windows, OSX, FreeBSD, ArchLinux & Ubuntu... but not debian.

Does that mean Retroshare cannot be part of Freedombox?

drBob.

PS. Actually our debian packager has gone AWOL - so no debian packages for V0.5.3 at the moment.