[Freedombox-discuss] Newebe, a distributed social network based on self-hosting

Hi Frank,

On 12-01-18 at 04:35pm, Frank wrote:
> I am here to talk you about a project sharing the Freedombox goals
> while being compatible with it. Its name is Newebe. It is a
> distributed social network based on self hosting.

Looks quite promising!

Please consider adding it somewhere appropriate below
http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox - IMO makes good sense to add it there
already now where your code is materialized even if lacking security
features still.  Then when you feel it is closer to being useful for
general consumption file an ITP or RFP bugreport as documented at
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/#l1

One thing I noticed while briefly skimming your website is that the nice
graphics is licensed only for non-commercial use.  This is not
compatible with Debian Free Software Guidelines so it will be easier to
package if you ensure that your code is usable even with those graphics
parts stripped - or that you reconsider the licensing of graphics, but
you may obviously have your reasons for picking it in the first place.

Kind regards,

 - Jonas