[Freedombox-discuss] Wiki Engine for a DreamPlug?

On 26 December 2011 23:17, Nick Daly <nick.m.daly at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks, I know you're all pleasantly opinionated, so please, chime
> in! ?I'm wondering what you'd recommend for a wiki engine on the
> DreamPlug? ?Is MediaWiki too big? ?Is there another you'd recommend?
> If it's simple to set up and configure, all the better, because, at
> Thomas Ruddy's request, I'm looking to add it to my plug server setup
> scripts.
>
> Also, are there any port-forwarding services, similar to PageKite that
> I should be aware of? ?I'm looking to add that to the setup scripts as
> well and just want to be sure I'm covering all my (major) options.

I'd try and use one with maximum 'data freedom', so allowing htlm5
markup such as rdfa and/or microdata.

This will enable fbx to be more linkable / expressive long-term.

Not sure what the options are but if mediawiki is not too resource
intensive there's a semantic mediawiki plugin too.  Another advantage
of mediawiki is that it's well supported and a large team working with
the latest web standards ...