[Freedombox-discuss] Would like to contribute (code)

I periodically cough up a task list and see if anybody bites.  I'll do
that again here.

There is indeed an effort afoot to put together the GUI.
http://github.com/jvasile/Plinth

Right now I'm extending that to listen for connections (via a tor hidden
service) to do basic, initial conversation so two freedomboxes can find
each other and agree on how to do further conversation, tell each other
about services offered, etc.

We continue to need somebody to integrate monkeysphere and mod_tls so we
can replace the identity auth part of ssl with gpg and web of trust.
This is necessary to solve the MITM problem associated with self-signed
ssl certs.

One thing stopping the GUI is that I'm not quite sure what the config
layer looks like.  How do you translate user's option choices into
system config in a way that ensures sane config results and allows
expert users to twiddle /etc themselves and can also handle systems with
many different mixes of packages?

If somebody would extend FreedomMaker so a base install had an easy
button in to turn a dreamplug into a very basic wifi router and do a
config for it in Plinth, that would be incredibly helpful.

There are other things, but those are what comes to mind immediately. If
you look at http://freedomboxfoundation.org/code, that's the current
state of things.