[Freedombox-discuss] [Fwd: Re: Freedombox's pursuit of perfection undermines its goals]

Subject: Re: [Freedombox-discuss] Freedombox's pursuit of perfection
undermines its goals
From:    "Weaver" <weaver@riseup.net>
Date:    Sat, October 22, 2011 4:42 pm
To:      josh at spodek.net

> I hope the following blog post --
> http://joshuaspodek.com/freedomboxs-pursuit-perfection-undermines-goals
> -- is appropriate here.
>
> I wrote it to help motivate and contribute to this project. I hope that
> comes across. I don't claim the final word or best perspective, so I
> welcome people pointing out things I missed or misunderstood.

<snip>

I think we need to avoid tailoring a product to a specific market. Just
produce a product that enables secure, private, decentralised
communication.

e.g., the vast majority of dissidents in Iran are members of the U.S.
administration, financed 'Green Movement', who have returned to disrupt
internally to endorse the pressures applied by external factors such as
U.S. initiated U.N. sanctions, the U.S. 5th Fleet, anchored at Bahrain -
yes, that's why Saidi and UAE went in, you will find references to Gate's
and Clinton's visits to Saudi immediately prior - Drone installations
established in both Afghanistan and Iraq, on both sides of Iran, and this
latest fiction of the bombing plot against the Saudi FM supposed to take
place in the U.S.

All for Iran's daily oil production of almost 4.5 million barrels.
These international scenarios are generally more complex than the
advertised 'terrorists killing and imprisoning poor people', so I should
respectfully suggest we concentrate on producing what we are aiming at and
allow the end user to decide on usage.
Regards,

Weaver.

by the wise as false,