[Freedombox-discuss] Diaspora

This post may be of interest:  Diaspora* is not about killing Facebook or
Google+. It's about reinventing the social web:
http://joindiaspora.com/posts/433064

Diaspora* is all about protecting the open web and fighting against walled
gardens.  We're inspired by Eben Moglen
http://nymag.com/news/features/establishments/68512/, so our goals are
consistent with FreedomBox.  Another good piece is this one:
http://spectrum.ieee.org/telecom/internet/the-making-of-diaspora

Our funding goal is to raise as much as we can to keep the
http://diasporafoundation.org/ going and sustain our development.   We
raised $250K via Kickstarter last summer, which lasted us over a year.  If
you want a tangible number, my personal goal would be to raise $1 million
per year so we can support Diaspora* community spaces where our open-source
developers can work face-to-face to greatly expand our development efforts.

Best,

Yosem