[Freedombox-discuss] Which domain name for the promotionnal website ?

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 22:26:31 +0100
Matt Dodson <war2none at hotmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> And i would improve your speaking skills
> http://media.biks.dk/fb/epfsug/
>

> Harsh! I love the way Jonas speaks, he just needs to hone his
> presentation skills.

Much better technique!

Pretend to give with the one hand,then take substantially with the
other.

Imposing trauma and devastation on Jonas, however, is not dealing
with the subject at hand, regardless of the amount of delight it may
provide.
I'm fairly open with regard to names, but two things need to be
considered with naming.

(1) It's the first stage of presentation of a product and therefore
has an immediate impact on degree of acceptance of that product.

(2) Any degree of reputable association of a new product enhances
market acceptance of that product.

For the reason of provided by (10, I don't feel that 'freedomplaza'
cuts it - too much 'down at the mall' connotation.

And for reason (2) I don't think isolating the project name too far
away from the Debian association is productive either.

Taking time over a name is important and not an immediate requisite
compared to getting it right, regardless of need to register. That
can be worked around initially.

And before anybody gets skittish on the word 'product'. We all
produce one, even if the only thing we do is sit on the toilet all
our life.

I just thought it would be best to get those points in before Jonas
messed it up.
Regards,

Weaver.

--
"In a world without walls and fences,
what need have we for Windows or Gates?"