[Freedombox-discuss] fully-decentralised forums

On 14 September 2011 11:14, Thomas Ruddy <thomas at thomasruddy.org> wrote:
> Someone below known as DrBob or Mark,
>
> You asked:
>>Which other systems provide fully-decentralised forums?
>
> "Decentralised can imply "distributed" or "federated". A list of applications that have support, or plan to implement support, for federation (interoperability) are distinguished from distributed ones here,
>
> http://we-need-a-free-and-open-social-network.wikispaces.com/Information+Center

Nice list.

Dont forget.  When you hyperlinks from one system to another (as you
just did in your post above) then you are already
federated/interoperable (in this case via HTTP GET).

This was the foundational principle of The Web, and probably the main
reason that it became popular.