[Freedombox-discuss] The freedombox grid

On 31.08.2011 01:35, Marc Manthey wrote:
> hi cyber citizens,
>
> if we build a lets call it a "freedombox grid" with our OWN DNS ,
> wherever its centralised or not, we have distribiuted storage, we have
> decentralised communication, we have an ipv6 enabled "meshed network" ,
> where freedom boxes can communicate to each others like in the beginning
> of the internet, would nt it be a great idea to enable multicast again ?
> , Its IMHO the most efficient and smartest way to deliver content .
>
> Panel on Using AMT Multicast for Resilient, Scalable Content Delivery
>

>> http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog52/abstracts.php?pt=MTc5OSZuYW5vZzUy&nm=nanog52
>>

> greetings from overseas
>
> Marc

Hi,

This sounds like a very good idea. I was just wondering the other day
about this possibility. I would be interested, however, to extend the
context to mobile devices.

Any idea if such a thing would work on mobiles as well (at a conceptual
level first)?

Is there anybody else interested to see such a concept extended to our
mobile devices?

Thanks,
S.