[Freedombox-discuss] [Arm-netbook] Single-Core Cortex A9 1ghz, ECC DDR3 RAM available soon

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
<snip unrelatedness>

> ?corr, bloody hell this was hard to find. ?it should be right up there
> on the overview specs, and it isn't. _eventually_ i found this:
> ?www.freescale.com/files/ftf_2010/.../WBNR_FTF10_CON_F0702.pdf
>
> ?page 19, OpenGL ES 2.0 3D accelerator (AMD Z430), OpenVG 1.1 graphics
> accelerator (AMD Z160).
>
> ?given AMD's ongoing policy to release free software drivers, you
> might get lucky. ?but that doesn't mean that the _next_ CPU from
> Freescale (iMX6) will use AMD's engines! ?if you recall, samsung
> actually changed 3D engine on a minor release! ?the S5PC100 800mhz had
> one engine, and the S5PC110 1ghz had another. ?complete madness.
>
> ?l.

The issue here is actually that it's a bit muddy.  AMD sold off the
embedded GPU unit to Qualcomm, although Qualcomm (msm boards) use a
z180/z430 I believe, although I'm not entirely sure what the changes
are, and the Freescale mx51 and mx53 use z160/z430 (mx51 is clocked at
133mhz, mx53 is clocked at 200mhz)

The mx6 will be using a Vivante GPU.

--
Best Regards,
Steev

Steev Klimaszewski <steev at genesi-usa.com>
Senior Software Engineer, Genesi USA, Inc.