[Freedombox-discuss] [Arm-netbook] Single-Core Cortex A9 1ghz, ECC DDR3 RAM available soon

 On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 18:38:02 +0200, S?bastien BOCAHU
 <lists at zecrazytux.net> wrote:

> Also, I believe that such a freedom box should take the place of the
> ISP box.
> Otherwise, there could be networking troubles (not evereryone knows
> how to
> configure his box, do some NAT and so on) and what's the point to
> create a
> "freedom" box if it is hidden behind a proprietary ISP device?
> (Not to mention that most of these ISP boxes are f**king crap)
>
> Then, my question is: do you guys know where to grab xDSL (or
> whatever
> technology is used in your country) chips that could fit
> in such an embedded device?
> I searched for a while and it seems to be even difficult to get a PCI
> ADSL card.

 Maybe I'm missing something here, but if if you want to do that you
 might as well scrap the Freedombox project and use one of the new
 Samsung routers with OpenWRT. OpenWRT is a full fat Linux and runs on a
 lot of ADSL/WiFi routers.

 Gordan