[Freedombox-discuss] China praises UK's "Internet Censorship Plans"

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Michael Vetter
<g.bluehut at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I am new to this list.

 michael - i can tell :)  you replied to me, not the list: allow me to
assume that you meant to reply to the list, hope that's ok? :)

> And I am also new to Debian and Linux in general.
> However I want to contribute in this project. I am a junior programmer and
> want to offer to help coding.

 fantastic, michael.

> Where to get started?

 well, here's the brainstorming wiki page on user requirements:
 http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/UserRequirements/BrainStorm

 i would say it'd be good to pick something that looks interesting to
you (on the basis that working on something that isn't interesting is
not the best motivation, is it!).  then, it would also be useful if
the freedombox foundation staff could find you a mentor, or if someone
on this list could offer, or find a suitable team of existing software
developers for you to work with.

 that way you can do something that you value, and be guided as to how
best to achieve it.

 good luck,

l.