[Freedombox-discuss] CCC Meeting Notes

re all,

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011, Samuel Rose wrote:

> Hi Isaac. Great stuff below! A few short replies follow:
>
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 9:40 AM, Isaac Wilder
> <isaac at freenetworkmovement.org> wrote:

> > Hello All,
> >
> > This is Isaac Wilder, from the Free Network Foundation. I convened a
> > meeting at Chaos Communication Camp a couple of days ago, in order to
> > talk about FreedomBox, FreedomNode, and Free Network Architectures. I
> > told those in attendance that I would type up my notes from the
> > meeting, and send them to the list.
> >

> > To start, I presented what I saw as a workable architecture: several
> > protocol daemons connected by a 'graph' or 'identity' manager that
> > handles access control. We came up with the following list of
> > essential daemons, in approximate order of priority:
> > 1)HTTP
> > 2)XMPP
> > 3)SIP
> > 4)IMAP
> > 5)TOR
> > 6)NMTP
> >

> (I think you are talking about NNTP here?)

yep. I was the one suggesting SMTP and NNTP for this list of protocols.

nice meeting BTW: I'm looking forward to stay in contact with the
people who were present, Isaac had collected a list of emails on a
piece of paper.

ciao

--
jaromil,  dyne.org developer,  http://jaromil.dyne.org
GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F 5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39