[Freedombox-discuss] report on activities in Banja Luka

Hi Ya,

> it means - or FBX is a kind of GNU community i.e. - the
> strict community working anti-cloud e.g. - the connections
> with proprietary networks would not be tolerated :) Or FBX is
> a different kind(s)
FBX will interoperate with proprietary networks - it's a stated goal - which
makes Friendika a potential candidate for the
Project. I have used Friendika and it's quite good, although the sign-up and
"friend" process is cumbersome, but maybe this is the nature of federated
networks.

> well, that's the one show-case of a situation with a FLOSS
> social networking and FSW(or kind of) projects.
I don't understand. What's FSW?

> I'm, still, believe in voting so if FreedomBox Foundation
> would ever support some particular (even so - others would be
> an option) social project, i hope this decision will come
> from voting of potential users.
I think the TAC should choose the apps, but I wish the project would test
more than one social app, like they are doing for VOIP, because I think it's
the most crucial app. My partner uses Facebook for everything personal (no
email anymore) and as soon as Facebook switches on Skype, she will do
everything in the cloud :(

-- fiftyfour