[Freedombox-discuss] Paid FB developers

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 2:09 PM, David Edmondson <dme at dme.org> wrote:

> * dr at jones.dk [2011-08-08 Mon 18:55]
> > As expected, however, you seem to just rely on others making wise
> > decisions on your behalf on this matter.
>
> Many of the people who are not in a position to actively contribute in a
> non-financial way are similarly unable to determine the best place to
> spend their money, I expect. Deriding them for such seems like a great
> way to send them and their money off somewhere else. That doesn't seem
> productive.

Unproductive, unwise and unnecessary.

Many projects have full and part time paid developers.  It would definitely
more be useful, for example, to ask those projects how they manage funds,
than to throw your hands in the air and spout sarcasm.

So, yes, donate to whom is the right question.  The answer will come from
good project management.

Usually, developers hired full time for a project are those who have proven
their worth by their unpaid contributions, entirely independent of whether
they be loud, disciplined, clever, enthusiastic, educated, uneducated,
starving, etc., etc.

So, whatever attributes come together to define an individual who gets the
job done, are the ones we should collectively reward.