[Freedombox-discuss] Introductions

Hi everyone,
I've just signed up for the list and I hope to eventually help out so I
thought I'd introduce myself. I've been paying attention to the FB
project since it was announced but I figured I wouldn't be much use.
After watching Bdale Garbee's presentation at DebConf I decided, to hell
with it, I feel strongly about this project I'm sure I could be useful
in some way.

As a PhD student, I can't help financially. Unfortunately, even as a
holder of a BSc in computer science, I'm not that great of a coder (I've
spent the last 7 years in biology). In the last few years, I've renewed
my interest in programming and I've taken on various hobby projects with
time. For the most part, they have been small (Gnome) desktop
applications. I'm mostly writing in Python these days, but some C, C++,
and Lua can be squeezed out of me (I'm a bit rusty). As a predominantly
desktop-oriented person, I have pitiful experience with the kinds of
networked technologies that the FB is about, but I'm obviously 100%
enthusiastic about learning and contributing.

That's a pretty bad introduction. Nonetheless, I'm going to lurk around
the list to get a feel for things and try to figure out where I can
help, even if it's just on the level of coding grunt work. I'm mostly
interested in the user interface side of things, so I'll be really
curious to see what's cooking there.

Well, I think that just about covers it. I'm really excited that this
project exists and I can't wait to see how it progresses!

self.lurk = True

Cheers,
Brandon