[Freedombox-discuss] Distributed Naming BOF Questions

Hi Charles,

Please confirm my understanding of your FreedomNode implementation;

> > i think - providing the decentralized distributed social
> networks with
> > FBX, along with hosting service, would dramatically
> increase the use
> > of these  possible domain networks. FBX's could be the
> routers to some
> > kind of "othernets" and should be, i think. If users of
> FBX's, fbx'd
> > OS's etc. could receive the fast and reliable method to use these
> > "freenets" with their hardware and/or software --  interest in that
> > "freenet", combined with eventual possibilities of free
> video-calling,
> > and other highly possible wireless benefits,
> > - could eventually become the key reasons for potential users.
>
> Yep. Right on. That's the business plan. :)
> >> it would also
> >> be silly to make a device that just feeds your personal data and
> >> relationship information back into the same centralized social
> >> gatekeepers many of us are currently subject to.
> > +1
>
> Mmhmm.
>
> -Charles Wyble (who is about 40 hours away from releasing the
> FreedomNode reference implementation). Hope everyone else is
> hacking away....

So your FreeNode implementation will be the first pseudo "darknet" (choose
whatever label you like: "freenet" "othernet") FBX implementation - well
done! So, all FBX's will communicate with each other over a secure and
anonymous network independent of the existing DNS. Sweet. I have a couple of
questions.
Will FBX owners still communicate with people on the existing DNS system
(non-FBX owners)?
Will an FBX owner have the same contact details across both networks, e.g.
username at mydomain.tld?

Kind Regards
-- fiftyfour