[Freedombox-discuss] Freedombox Webserver

On 11-08-02 at 06:40pm, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> I think it's well established by now that freedombox will run a web
> server.

Personally I still keep it open to have a FreedomBox design without a
web UI.  But I might be quite alone applying such odd principle.

> Tempting just to say apache2 and be done with it?

Tempting, yes.

Benefit of apache2 is that most Debian packages tied to web already
supports it.

Benefit of alternatives might be smaller footprint and faster execution.

Initially I will use apache2-mpm-worker due to failure in getting nginx
or lighttpd to sensibly support content-negotiating - which is needed by
jwchat which I've thrown in as a crude initial web app.

I will make it easy for developers to switch to other httpd
implementations, though.

Therefore: fans of nginx, lighttpd, cherokee etc. please help provide
content-negotiation config snippets for your favorite httpd, and I'll
add it to the mix!

Regards,

 - Jonas